.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

just.me

Just me and my life and my thoughts and my things, everyday, for everyone interested in..

Saturday, March 5

.:: Cameraphones as personal storytelling media

Howard Rheingolds, the author of Smart Mobs, has recently written an article in "The future" about cameraphones as personal storytelling media.

It looks like this newly ubiquitous device could be more about flows of
moments than stocks of images, more about sharing presence than transporting
messages, and ultimately, more about personal narrative than factual
communication.
He claims that a communication device that was used to transmit messages across distances is now also used to capture a flow of experience in order to add a visual element to face-to-face story-telling.
I think he's absolutely right: it's incredible how MMS and cameraphones have deeply conditioned our way of using mobiles and our perception of the possibility of catching instants of our lives. Now we have a camera in our pocket, always. And we can immediately communicate not only through words but also through images of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home