.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

just.me

Just me and my life and my thoughts and my things, everyday, for everyone interested in..

Saturday, November 13

.:: Lecture on generative art.

Marius Watz will have a lecture on "GENERATIVE ART AND COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN" on Tuesday at 10 a.m. at the Kunsthøgskolen of Bergen (the Art and Design College).

Marius Watz's project "Drawing machine 1-12" is part of the initiative for Art for public digital space, supported by the National Foundation for Art in Public Buildings and the Norwegian Cultural Council.
It's an art project that develops over time, continuously changing over the two years that the project has been online on the Odin (a public electronic information service for the Norwegian Government and Ministries of state) web site. It consists of 12 drawing machines in the form of software that run on the Odin servers. Each machine draws a single picture over the scope of two months, and after 24 months all the machines have drawn one picture each.

2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jill said...

OK, this sucks: the organiser of this just emailed me that Marius Watz broke his hand and is in such pain that he can't do the talk.

So it's cancelled. Poor Marius Watz - and poor us too; I'd been looking forward to hearing him.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger QueenMab said...

bhuuuuuuuu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home