.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

just.me

Just me and my life and my thoughts and my things, everyday, for everyone interested in..

Saturday, November 13

.:: Iliade

My favourite italian writer, Alessandro Baricco, started a project one month ago : Iliade. Public readings from the Homers poem. Just actors and writers reading and sometimes music: all the attention concentrated on the reader and his voice. For this project he has re-written the poem, creating a series of prose monologues in modern italian.
This is what he says about the choice of the Iliade:

Quando racconto questo lavoro, spesso la gente mi chiede: perché proprio
l'Iliade? Alcuni vorrebbero l'Odissea (che io non amo, tranne il finale), o
magari Dante o Ariosto. Ho due risposte: la prima è che l'Iliade mi sembra una
storia bellissima. La seconda è che godere del racconto di una guerra mi sembra
una cura efficace per allontanare il desiderio (tragico ma legittimo) di godere
facendo la guerra.


It's an ambitious work, but he is a great writer and a fascinating story-teller, I'm sure it has to be great. I would really like to be in Italy in this moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home